Friday 3 April 2015

"I Will Be Leaving Office in June.. I No Longer Have Interest Continuing as INEC Chairman" - Attahiru Jega


Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) Chairman, Professor Attahiru Jega has refused to continue any further in his office, says he will be leaving office in June this year when his tenure as Chairman of the electoral body ends.

In a brief interview with BBC Hausa, Professor Jega said even if he is asked to continue in office, he will refuse. See his very words after the cut...



"I am grateful to God. I was asked to come and contribute my own quota to the national development and I have done my bit to the best of my ability. Whatever assignment one will do for five years, just like this difficult one to me, if one is able to successfully accomplish the task, someone else should be given such a opportunity too. 

Because for me I am not interested & if I am requested to serve again, I will not do it, by God’s grace" he said. Prof. Jega came into office in 2010 after the tenure of predecessor, Prof Maurice Iwu, expired.

Enjoy loads of other recent stories from this blog.. do visit our HOME page!

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Commenting is an act of Concern & Impact to others.”
Do leave a comment today...

If you need to contact Duisaf
News/Tip Off/Advert
08136956223
BBM- 7977758c
duisaf2cubed@gmail.com
duisafblog@gmail.com

Trending Stories

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...